Controlled Substance Licence

CSL is designed for people who carry out pest control and border control using extremely toxic substances called VTA (Vertebrate Toxic Agents) or extremely toxic gases called Fumigants. 

WorkSafe control the registration process for all persons who work with Cyanide, DRC1339, PAPP and Sodium fluoroacetate for controlling pest animals and border control fumigation products, Chloropicrin, Dichloropropene, Aluminium phosphide and Magnesium phosphide. (not all products listed here).

The process to gain a CSL requires:

  • The person to be 17 years or older. 
  • Have a need for the licence, eg; work for DOC or pest control contractor. 
  • Complete training course with us at Adroit Solutions - this is completed via online classroom. 
  • Submit all assessments, documents, and practical evidence to us at Adroit Solutions
  • We manage all your application - arrange a Certified Handler Certificate; collate all your application documents and forward onto WorkSafe who approve and issue your Controlled Substance licence. 

Contact us now for more detailed information specific to your requirements.   

Pindone Training Certificate

This course is for people applying Pindone pellets broadcast and Pindone Liquid baited carrots to control rabbits. Pindone is not a Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) product because it is not a 6.1A, 6.1B Classification Vertebrate Toxic Agent (VTA) neither does it require a Certified Handlers Certifiate. HSW:HS Regulations 2017.  

Pindone Liquid is classified 6.1C Toxic, MPI want to ensure it is not entering our food chain. 

Any detection of these pest control products would seriously affect our export market if found to be in meat products.

A person who holds a current CSL for animal pest control products can apply direct to MPI for a Pindone Handlers Licence. 
This course is to assist the users in the correct and safe way to apply Pindone.
When completed an Pindone Training Certificate will be issued.
A copy of this Certificate is required in your application to MPI for an Approved Pindone Handlers Licence. 

Please note this course is best completed on a desktop or laptop computer. 

We suggest you complete this in 1 attempt if possible, but you can come and go from the Information and Assessment using the link that's emailed to you after registration is completed. 


This product has been added to your cart